SEND Information Report
· We are a fully inclusive school.
· We aim to ensure all pupils achieve their potential, personally, socially, emotionally and academically in all areas of the curriculum,
(Regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, economic, physical ability or educational needs).
· Children are identified through the use of assessment, speaking to parents, gathering information from professionals, all with consultation
of the child’s parents.
· Three times a year parents of children with SEN meet with parents to discuss progress and how to meet the child’s needs. Parents can
request additional meetings at any time and will be seen in a timely manner. Children with complex needs have more frequent meetings
· Class teachers talk with children about how they prefer to learn. Class teachers review the progress of children with SEN 5 times a year
with team leaders to find opportunities for improvement.
· Children’s transitions are carefully managed between years and phases.
· Teaching is differentiated and personalised to meet children’s needs.
· Staff at Lapage have regular training to keep them up to date and are equipped to meet the needs of all children with SEND.
· Children may have special educational needs that require additional support when progress has slowed or stopped. We implement a
graduated approach based on the guidance from Bradford Metropolitan District Council’s Children’s Services for SEN. This is based on
an Assess-Plan-Do-Review 3 range structure.
· Lapage Primary school is a nurturing school with additional provision for children with additional social, emotional and mental health
· Lapage Primary School uses ‘best endeavours’ to offer a rich variety of experiences which include clubs, educational and residential
visits, for all children
· We involve parents/carers at every range providing them with information and participating in decisions about their child’s education.
· If a child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs or and Education, Health and Care Plan, then we provide the support detailed in
· Our offer at Ranges 1 to 3 for each area of SEN is described below